The countdown is on, Ocean Vine Hop is just four weeks away, and that can mean only one thing… It’s time to get festival ready!
To help you plan for Marlborough’s newest R18 festival, bringing you the combined gastronomic delights of seafood, wine and beer, combined with a line up of stellar entertainment, we’re bringing you our guide to the ultimate festival kit… Here’s what you’ll need to make the very best of your day!
- Tickets – Obvs! There will be tickets available on the day from the box office, but who wants to spend valuable festival time queuing for tickets? So, if you haven’t bought yours yet order online HERE.
- ID – Ocean Vine Hop is a strictly R18 event, so please come with ID.
- Cash – Do bring cash on the day, so you’ll be able to make the most of everything available, from delicious refreshment to select Artisan products. Only limited Eftpos facilities will be available on site.
- Phone – Memories will undoubtedly be made at this inaugural event, please share them with us on social media using the hashtag #ovh or #oceanvinehop.
- Dress for the occasion – We’ve had a word with the weather gods and we’re aiming for sunshine, after all Marlborough is #brillianteveryday, so don’t forget your sunscreen and hat. Of course, the weather is the one thing we can’t guarantee, so you may want to add a few layers to your tote, one thing is for sure, nothing is going to dampen anybody’s spirits!
- Dancing shoes essential – As well as the Jordan Luck Trio, Jason Kerrison and Shane Cortese and the 8 Track Band, we’ve added local band The Big Kahuna to the main stage mix to start things off. This six piece band play a great mix of hits, from the classics like Ray Charles and Tina Turner, through to the Divas like Adele and Amy Winehouse and even the legends such as Chicago, Billy Joel and Bruno Mars, plus much much more.
- Chair/Blanket – After all that dancing you might need to pop your feet up for five minutes, with something cool and refreshing!
- Tune in your taste buds – Thankfully, these are generally attached to you, so you shouldn’t need to make a note to bring them along. We have a full line up of seafood, wine and beer that is sure to tantalise your taste buds. Head along to the culinary marquee to see Jax Hamilton in action, she’ll be cooking up a storm, bringing you two delicious new recipes…
Beetroot & Gin Cured Salmon with Citrus Salad & Lemon Crispy Crumb
Fresh, seasonal and so, so beautiful, this easy salad delivers with flavour, texture and punch, it’s also sophisticated on the plate. All the textures you require for a mouthwateringly delicious starter or light main for lunch.
Smoky Jerk Scallops on a Creamy White Bean Puree
This recipe is a mash-up off all the things Jax likes, a little Jamaican personality with a bucket of kiwi produce…. all served up with a huge amount of English banter. This scallop dish ticks all the boxes where taste is concerned. The scallops are caramalised and sweet and hit the palate in a stunning piquant sauce leaving you wanting more, followed up with the creamy puree with just a hint of coconut charm.
We can’t wait to see you on the 25th November, from 11:00 a.m. at the festival that’s going to kick start your summer!