At Ocean Vine Hop our mission is to ensure that you have a fantastic festival experience. So, to keep things fresh we’ve added some extras to this year’s event that we know you’re going to love!
Read on to discover what’s new at Ocean Vine Hop 2018.
Cool Culinary Additions
At Ocean Vine Hop 2018, you’ll discover not one, not two… But three celebrity chefs! This year, the fabulous Jax Hamilton will have company in the New Zealand King Salmon Culinary Marquee. We’re delighted to bring you Karena and Kasey Bird, Masterchef Winners 2014, award-winning book publishers and authors, and hosts of TV One’s Karena and Kasey’s Kitchen Diplomacy. You’ll get more than one opportunity to catch up with Karena and Kasey. They’ll also be popping up at the Origin South Food Co pop up restaurant. They’ll be serving up something a little different for all you meat lovers… Yes, ladies and gentlemen, lamb is on the menu, and with it a delicious Boom Town brew!
New Zealand King Salmon Culinary Marquee Programme:
- 11:30 a.m. – Learn to fillet like a pro – It’s the New Zealand King Salmon filleting demonstration
- 12:00 p.m. – We’re serving up your first slice of Jax Hamilton. It’s what you’ve been waiting for… Jax will be showing off some seafood recipes for you to try at home.
- 1:30 p.m. – Line up if you ❤️ your lamb? Karen and Kasey Bird will be matching their culinary creation with a Boom Town brew.
- 3:00 p.m. – Jax is back with more seafood inspiration and wine to match!
Imbibe at Beer Alley
If you like a brew, you’re going to love Beer Alley. The best craft beers from our local brewers have been paired with a perfect pop-up restaurant. Discover food matches that will bring out the best in your beer.
- Moa Beer and Sandy’s GMC Food truck
- Golden Mile Brewing and the Vines Village pop up restaurant
- Boom Town Brews, Wino’s and the Origin South Food Co.
You’ll also find some sweet sips to whet your whistle from the Marlborough Cider Company and Renaissance Brewing.
Olé! If Mexican is your thing head to the Yard Bar because they are teaming up with the Cartel pop up restaurant, bringing you beers to match your Burritos and so much more! You’ll find them centre field, alongside the wine lover’s choice Yealands and Wairau River.
There are always plenty of smiles at Ocean Vine Hop, but this year we guarantee your grin will be bigger. Say cheese… It’s time for the good stuff! Award-winning Kaikoura Cheese will be on hand with delicious cheese platters. Perfect picnic fodder to pair with your favourite wines.
Star turns from the inaugural OVH, Yealands and Wairau River, will be returning this year. But, there’s also a new kid on the block… We’d like to welcome Wino’s who will be showcasing and selling Black Cottage wines.
Don’t miss out on Ocean Vine Hop 2018. Buy your tickets HERE.